Cream soup with basil and olive croutons
Number of servings: 4
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 min
Cooking difficulty: difficult
Tomato soup-puree, which, although it has at first glance too intricate a method of preparation, is actually prepared in no time.
Energy value per serving:
Ingredients for 4 servings:
Tomatoes 700 г
Basil 20 g
Olive oil 4 tbsp.
Garlic 1 clove
Potato 110 g
Tomato paste 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Бальзамический уксус 1 tsp
Ciabatta 200 g
Оливковая паста 1 tbsp
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes for 1 minute, drain the water and remove the skin from the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half, put it on a baking sheet with the cores up, add salt, pepper and sprinkle some olive oil. Also sprinkle pre-chopped garlic and place basil leaves soaked in olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Peel and slice the potatoes 30 minutes before the tomatoes are ready. Cook for 20 minutes in 450 ml of boiling water mixed with tomato paste.
- Mix the ciabatta cubes well with the olive paste and oil. Spread them on a small baking sheet and fry in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool the finished croutons.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and put them in a blender bowl with their own juice. Add the contents of the pan and blend until a not too homogeneous puree is formed.
- Put the remaining basil leaves in a mortar, add ¼ teaspoon of salt and grind. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Before serving, the soup should be heated over low heat and seasoned with cooked basil puree. Serve with croutons.