Chicken with ginger and oranges
Number of servings: 4
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 min
Cooking difficulty: medium
Spicy chicken with a crispy crust.
Energy value per serving:
Ingredients for 4 serings:
Chicken 1 pc.
Flower honey 4 tbsp.
Orange 2 pcs.
Grated ginger 40 gr.
Olive oil 3 tbsp.
Spices, coarse salt, ground red pepper to taste
- Cut a quarter from one orange and set aside. Peel the remaining part and the second whole orange and carefully remove all the white bitter films. Cut into circles about half a centimeter thick.
- Dry the chicken well with a paper towel and rub it on all sides with vegetable oil, coarse salt, red and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. At the bottom of a small deep baking tray or baking dish, put orange slices in one layer. Place the chicken breast down on the oranges. Put in the oven for forty minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining quarter of an orange. Peel the ginger and grate it. Mix orange juice with ginger, four tablespoons of honey and add spices to taste — you can throw a pinch of black and red pepper. Mix it up.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, gently turn the breast up and carefully lubricate the resulting ginger-orange mixture.
- Return the baking tray with chicken to the oven and bake for about an hour, periodically pouring the chicken juice from the baking tray; the more often this is done, the faster the crust forms — and the juicier the meat will be under it. The finished chicken with a beautiful golden crust can be put on the table whole, cool down a little, cut into portions and serve together with baked oranges, pouring juice from a baking tray.