1. Does olive oil have fewer calories than sunflower oil or not?
2. Olive oil lowers cholesterol?
3. The beneficial properties of olive oil are enhanced when heated?
4. Olive oil prevents heart attacks?
5. Olive oil with lemon juice cleanses the liver?
6. Does olive oil make you fat?
7. In which packaging is it better to buy oil – iron or glass?Answers:
1. Yes, but not much less calories than in vegetable. Almost 100% olive oil consists of fats, but healthy fats. Omega-9 and Omega-6 prevent the deposition of cholesterol plaques, so despite the calorie content, the oil is useful for the cardiovascular system.
2. Yes, olive oil reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood with regular use of 40 grams per day (3 tablespoons) per day for two weeks or more.
3. Refined olive oil is suitable for frying and other heat treatment, and unrefined Extra Virgin extra Virgin oil is best used in salads and snacks.
4. Yes, if you use olive oil, that is, monounsaturated fats, and limit the consumption of other fats.
5. Yes, in moderation and without heat treatment.
6. No, but olive oil is high in calories, so if you are trying to reduce your weight, use no more than one tablespoon of olive oil per day.
7. It is not so important, iron and glass, the main thing is that the packaging is sealed, and that it contains as little air as possible. Open packaging should be stored in a dark, cool place.